Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Goofball Singers

I'm typing today while our babysitter sits outside, watching the boys swim. They are goofy and they have both inherited a love for (and a talent with) music. They are also genetically programmed to be completely ridiculous. They are making up songs at the tops of their lungs, but unlike other kids I've heard who just do this to make noise, they are working out choruses and refrains. They are actually and truly making music. They even fade-out purposefully at the end.

I'm trying to do the same thing myself right now with weaving. I've found four contradictory books/articles/patterns on Huck Lace and I have been trying to work out the math to make the table runner look the way I want it to.

I have little confidence that this will work, and a part of me wants to sleigh just a small bit of it, then test that. It's going to be a huge struggle if I have to re-sleigh the whole thing. But then...I'm still in the 'learning experience' part of this. We'll see...

I think I need to take a lesson from my sons, though, and just dive in and start singing.
Loud.
And clear.

OTN: back to Pomotomus socks, and almost done with Syd's Horcrux Socks.

No comments: