Thursday, June 26, 2008

What Monsoon Season Means to Me

Sent from Heather's Centro

This makes more sense when you know that Tucson has sun 360 days of the year--enough to maketh you mad.  Maaaaaad I say.

This is looking north at the Santa Catalina mountains, to the east (right) where you see the dark grey clouds begin...those bad boys...yeah, those wrap all the way around behind me. And they're big. And heavy. And full of water...which dumped on my head about an hour after I took this.

The temp went from 104 to 68 in an hour.  The night was lovely. I opened the windows. Yes, it's humid when it rains. No, when it's 68 I'm not going to complain (though I could...I'm sure I could...). The smell of the rain in the desert is like unto nothing else...I need to see if Juno's found it in a bottle yet...

1 comment:

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

I'll send you some UK rain if you'll send me some sun from Arizona, my roses are going mushy!