Monday, November 26, 2007

SPS (I suck!)

I've been remiss. But then, I've been sick.
Of course, I now have a new haircut to show off today.
This is me trying to finish a 50,000 word book in four more days.
Yeah, I know.
Me too.

This is a lighter pic of me in the office (see, TWO this Sunday!).

And here's a question for all of your knitty types:
those little sweater stones...do they work? My Rogue Hoodie is getting all pilled along the cuffs and inside of the sleeves. Stone or little rotary reverse-fan looking-thing?
Your call. It's all a mystery to me.

And what have I been wearing today? My Harry Potter Sock Swap Socks (THANK YOU CASSANDRA GRUBBLY-PLANK!) and my Rogue Hoodie.
Why?

BECAUSE IT WAS COLD!

It's 49° out there right now, at 10pm!

I LOVE THIS!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute haircut!
I have used the little fan like thing for sweaters and I'd say it works pretty well. They come in different sizes. I had the smaller one that had a little trouble with the bigger pills.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

Madame Leiderhosen said...

Astounding haircut! You look wonderful! Did you change the color as well?

Sweater stone is the way to go: get lots of room and a place where the ventilation is attend to the sulfur smell. Or use a disposable razor, slowly and carefully if it's fragile yarn. I do not trust sweater shaver gizmos.

Juno said...

One: Hair is fantastic - and browner and highlightier too?

Two: I had the shaving thing suck a fine commercial merino sweater right into its little bladed of death and snagging. Very sad.
Stone all the way - need a spot where dust is OK, but its quiet, it doesn't inhale the knitwear, and though it smells a bit funky, kind of lava-esque at least in my head, it doesn't linger.

kim said...

Love the haircut! (Reminded me that I need to schedule one, so thanks for that.)

Never tried a sweater stone, have used a sweater shaver. Still use the sweater shaver and there have been no knits mauled or chopped.

Can you email me - turns out The Phantom Toll Booth is a definite for this spring. Also, I need your snail mail address to send you the promised Posh sock yarn.

Unknown said...

Love the new do! You look great! I love my sweater stone that is the way to go, and I am glad that your are getting some use out of your socks!! :) Stay warm!!